Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 09:14:31 -0500
I don't have *that* much experience but some.  I would use some sort
of galactologue, herbs or drug.  Metoclopramide is pretty good, though
it has more side effects than domperidone.  The advantage of
domperidone is that you can go to fairly high doses and still have
little or no side effects in the mother.

If the baby starts breastfeeding, the milk supply can rapidly
increase.  I would make sure she has a lactation aid (supplemental
nursing system) available for helping this baby get on and stay on the
breast.

Jack Newman, MD, FRCPC