From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 08:04:33 -0400
The sea shore and south Jersey are notorious for thrush in the summer too,
but I have truly noticed a difference overall since tx for beta strep
became the norm.  That's my clinical impression.  Another thing, many moms
don't even regard the IV abx as unusual in labor and the fact has to be
ferreted out.  Doesn't make tx any different tho. Maybe we need to be more
proactive IN hospital with regards to increasing thrush prevention with
probiotics like acidophil/bifidus and yogurt after tx.   Sincerely, Pat in
SNJ