From:
kym smythe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 1997 02:22:02 -0500
Here, here Kathy D!

I too am getting tired of having to "be discreet".  While I certainly
don't advocate flashing or nursing naked in the mall, I'm getting more
casual about the whole thing.  My first priority is feeding and caring
for my babies not worying that I *might* offend somone.

Society is *not* going to change because it's the right thing to do.
There needs to be a catalyst for change.  If we are so discreet that no
one knows we're nursing, how will our culture ever become a
breastfeeding one again?

Are any of the truly "breastfeeding" cultures very uptight about modesty
and nudity issues as we are here in the USA?

As my father (who used to be very uncomfortable around me when I
breastfed) says, "If you see something that offends you, you are looking
much too closely!"

Kym, who has learned a lot about "sacrificing"? modesty when Kendall and
Carlie are both hungry at the same time