Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:04:21 -0700
I am still trying to get through all my digests and I haven't read the
initial post about this but I thought I would add something that happened to
me back a year or so ago.

Before my life as a CLC, I was a Mary Kay Consultant (loved the product and
truly believe that my love of helping women through MK is what prompted me
to go to school for lactation), anyway once a month we had a booth at Babies
R Us, for those out of the US, it's a large chain store that is an off shoot
of Toys R Us (a large toy store chain).  One month I walked in to set up my
make up booth only to find that right in the front door was a woman selling
a bottle holder.  It took me about 5 minutes to figure out what on earth it
was and when I did, it took me about 10 seconds to convince the store
manager why the booth needed to be shut down.  Most people don't even think
about the safety of things and they certainly don't think about how
something like that could be a detriment to a bfing relationship.  All I had
to do was tell the manager that the AAP would have a fit since bottle
propping is HIGHLY dangerous, and I asked them if they were a store that was
committed to the well being of babies, of course the manager (a man) was
beginning to think of all the bfing moms that frequent his store and how
horrible it would be if he lost that business (ok... I helped him see the
big picture).  The woman with the feeding contraptions was gone before she
had been in the store for an hour!  Sadly, she left in tears because she was
in love with her little invention.  But I am hoping that I educated her a
bit that day, at least I'd like to think I did.  Needless to say the store
manager knows more about bfing now than he ever thought he would!

And PAM... I feel your pain.  Here's some <labor vibes>!  Good luck.

Melisa