Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 18:26:34 EDT
In a message dated 6/16/99 4:07:20 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< What are the rest of you doing? >>.

encouraging new parents to watch for light sleep states : squirming,
stretching squeeking..... then helping baby to wake up more fully, and other
early cues : sucking smacking searching.......... and get baby to breast.

<<Am I off base here? ...I am talking about normal, healthy babies... >>

if so, me too. where I work, 90% epidural rate, these normal healthy babies
have the challenge of dealing with the effects of meds and getting meds out
of their system, so, consequently, we have to be more aggresssive with
getting baby to feed in the first 1-3 days.

Deb

Deborah Tobin
RN BSN IBCLC LCCE
Springfield, Virginia USA
In the suburbs outside the Washington DC beltway
mailto:[log in to unmask]