Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:53:35 -0400
So the systemic review by Kapp is out on the Contraception website.

I have reviewed all but 3 of the studies from the table and many more from the reference list.  There are errors in the report;

missing and inconsistent data.  I have been writing a paper for over a year on this subject (on my own) but

these people are getting paid to do write.  The progestin literature is so flawed in and of itself.  High loss to follow-up,

lack of definitions of exclusivity and some definitions that include up to 2 supplements of juice a day.

Many, many, many are funded by pharma.  Use of control groups not in LAM, exclusively breastfeeding, late preterm

or SGA babies, mothers with hemoglobin and nutritional deficiencies.   No control for birthing practices, use of herbal galactogogues,

skin-to-skin or rooming in.  Use if infants admitted to the NICU and not examined for latching and oral anatomy problems like tongue-tie and

short tongue.    No mother was excluded for insufficient glandular tissue or oversupply in the studies I read. Shall I go on????

Please wish me luck in getting my work published so that mothers can get better care and that future studies are better designed.

Christine Betzold NP CLC MSN
www.theBFclinic.com
714-269-9879
=