Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 08:59:29 -0500
I am a LLL Leader in Indiana.  There have been several inaccurate
stories in the news here lately.  We've all been writing tons of letters
to the editor trying to get the misinformation corrected but so far no
letters have been printed. :-(  I have read several of the letters moms
and Leaders have written and they were well worded and polite.  I guess
the newspaper doesn't see the harm in their error.  :-(

The original article was actually a pretty decent article on BFing
http://www.indystar.com/article.php?breast10.html  Unfortunately, the
editors decided to pull from the article " Breast-feeding moms lack
legal protection - Nursing in a public place classified as indecent
exposure in Indiana" as the headline.  :-(  The sensational angle has
been picked up by other papers now and the story has been trimmed down
to be nothing but "BFIP is illegal"
http://www.myinky.com/ecp/health/article/0,1626,ECP_756_1320566,00.html

My fellow Leaders are starting to report getting emails and calls from
moms concerned that BFIP is considered indecent exposure here in
Indiana, as the stories have reported.  Of course this is inaccurate.
BFIP is not protected in Indiana, but it is also not illegal.

Any suggestions on where we go from here to get this misinformation
corrected?

Carissa Dollar
LLL Leader, Indianapolis, IN
Mommy to Keithen (2/1/99) & Kaylee (3/5/01) & EDD 2/8/03
http://www.geocities.com/dollariquestnet/march2002pix.html
Our Day at the Park - http://www.geocities.com/dollariquestnet/park.html