From:
Patti Carroll-Frey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 08:21:53 -0700
From: Johanna Berger <[log in to unmask]>

>I think we are so quick to
> blame everything on a pathological issue (prolactin levels, serotonin
> levels, etc.), get a pill and fix it all.

I agree. I think she knows something at home needs to be changed, BUT her
husband also blames her saying it is her moods and such. This really upsets
me cause I see it from outside their home. So there she is looking for
reasons for her mood swings that can be fixed when in reality a pill isn't
going to make things better. I am trying to remind her of the other factors
in her life that shouldn't be discounted without upsetting her. At the least
she could have the prolactin levels checked to compare with what they were
prior to treatment and really dig into the issue.

I heard her husband say yesterday that the endocrinologist she saw two years
ago told her that if she breasted her pituitary tumor would grow. She
disagreed and the husband persisted with his statement. He is clearly
unsupportive of her nursing her baby. I think that is a dangerous statement
for any physician to make unless there is conclusive evidence and it really
is true, which I am having a hard time believing.

Patti in Oregon