Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:35:00 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (36 lines)
Dear all,

Nils Bergman gave me a list of interesting articles about crying in neonates.
In this and other situations, I have often tried, but usually failed to obtain such articles through the internet for free.
I simply have no budget to pay for them; my time on the subject is already spent without being paid for. ;o)
A little list below; if you can provide me with pdf's, I will be very happy!
Please contact me off list; thanks.

Warmly,

Marianne Vanderveen IBCLC, Netherlands (and still busy with the ongoing project of improving healthcare guidelines with regard to crying)

(1)    Christensson K, Cabrera T, Christensson E, Uvnas-Moberg K, Winberg J. Separation distress call in the human neonate in the absence of maternal body contact. Acta Paediatr 1995 May;84(5):468-73.
(2)    Hunziker UA, Barr RG. Increased carrying reduces infant crying: A randomized controlled trial. Pediatrics 1986;77(5):641-8.

(3)    Ludington-Hoe SM, Cong X, Hashemi F. Infant crying: nature, physiologic consequences, and select interventions. Neonatal Network: NN 2002 March;21(2):29-36.

(4)    Michelsson K, Christensson K, Rothganger H, Winberg J. Crying in separated and non-separated newborns: sound spectrographic analysis. Acta Paediatrica (Oslo, Norway: 1992) 1996 April;85(4):471-5.

(5)    Ohgi S, Gima H, Akiyama T. Neonatal behavioural profile and crying in premature infants at term age. Acta Paediatrica 2006 November;95(11):1375-80.

(6)    Ransjo-Arvidson AB, Matthiesen AS, Lilja G, Nissen E, Widstr+Śm AM, Uvn+ńs-Moberg K. Maternal Analgesia During Labor Disturbs Newborn Behavior: Effects on Breastfeeding, Temperature, and Crying. Birth: Issues in Perinatal Care 2001 March;28(1):5-12.

(8)    Schore AN. Dysregulation of the right brain: a fundamental mechanism of traumatic attachment and the psychopathogenesis of posttraumatic stress disorder. Aust N Z J Psychiatry 2002 February;36(1):9-30.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2