From:
Anne Altshuler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2016 21:22:42 -0500
I am not familiar with the type of tumor, but the web site for "Young Survival Coalition: Young Women Facing Breast Cancer Together” at https://www.youngsurvival.org <https://www.youngsurvival.org/>
has a wealth of information, and stories of many young women who have faced or are facing breast cancer.  A number of the stories are from mothers with nursing babies at time of diagnosis or who nursed afterwards.

From that web site:
> Breast Cancer In Young Women
> Young women CAN and DO get breast cancer. It is estimated that more than 250,000 women diagnosed with breast cancer at age 40 or younger are living in the U.S. today. More than 13,000 young women will be diagnosed this year. While breast cancer in young women accounts for a small percentage of all breast cancer cases, the impact of the disease is significant.
>
> YSC was the first organization to focus exclusively on the unique issues young women with breast cancer face. It provides comprehensive resources, support and education to address every phase of a young woman’s breast cancer experience.

I recall that years ago on Lactnet Jaye Simpson posted about a mother who nursed twins on her one remaining breast following a mastectomy.

Anne Altshuler, RN, MS, IBCLC
Madison, WI, USA