From:
"John J. Walker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 17:44:00 -0400
Have a mom who's baby is 8 months old. Yesterday she suffered a nervous
breakdown - not enough that she was suicidal or to cause harm to her baby
but enough that she knew she needed help.  After being seen in the ER and
referred to the crisis center, she was given a RX for Respardil 1 mg. 2x
daily.  Any info on it and breastfeeding? She feels BF will help her relax
and feel normal and I don't feel giving up now is in anyones best interest.
She is at home, has a supportive hubby  who just wants them both to be ok.
It was a scary ordeal.  From what he told me today though when there is a
bed available at the crisis center, they recommended yesterday that she take
it.  Today, she says she feels better and knows the source of the problem
and will handle it. She needs help. TIA.

Laura Walker RNC, IBCLC