Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 13:12:50 -0700
 I am working with a baby who refuses the breast. Moms nipples are a
little bit flat but I think its mostly from engorement. Baby is three
days now and has not ever nursed real well.
Baby has had some bottles. I sugessted mom feed baby with a dropper and
she said that she had been doing that.
 She got out a big medicine dropper,, the kind that holds about 5 cc, and
put it right in the center of babys mouth and baby sucked it empty. I 've
never used a big dropper and I am wondering what sort of sucking this is
teaching baby. How is this different from a bottle?
Would a smaller dropper or a cup work better? She tried a SNS but baby
just licked the tube.

Mary Graden Idaho