Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 02:50:14 -0500
Susan posts:
> recomm. - I've noted the slight panic too when weight gain is not up to
par
> (?) at a week.

I have to comment....
This is an area for  doctor education.  The issue comes up often because
docs don't realize they have effective options for increasing baby's intake
besides giving formula.
Or they don't have the big picture as to what supplementation actually
does.

The other difficulty is that while they have the vague notion that
"something is not quite right"  - often they've never had a basic talk
about what questions to ask and how to evaluate those answers.

Probably sounds pretty basic to most Lactnet listpersons, but when I give
talks to docs I always hit these basics for good measure...

Gail
Gail S. Hertz, MD, IBCLC
Resident,  Dept. of Pediatrics
PSGHS Children's Hospital