Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 22:59:42 EST
Pat Gima writes:

<< If anyone has ever used GV, she will know that there will be purple milk,
 purple bras, purple baby face, purple fingers, purple tongue, and even
 purple *dreams* during the treatment period. >>

Yup, all true.   But if I understand the question right, it's about whether
its OK for babies to be basically eating this noxious stuff.

To that, the answer is:  to get ALL the purple stuff above, you are using a
grand total of maybe 3 drops.  So the part that gets actually into the baby's
body is maybe, what, half a drop?    Say over three days a total of one and a
half drops -- but I bet less.    Someone more expert than I might talk about
whether there is any category of specially vulnerable baby for whom this
might be a problem; but for all the babies I"ve dealt with it seemed to be
much LESS of a problem (if at all) than the yeast it was so effective at
curing.

Btw I don't think you're actually pumping purple milk.  Rather the milk picks
up infinitesimal smidges of GV as it runs over the nipple on its way from the
pore to the recepticle, and that infinitesimal amound is plenty to turn the
whole thing purple before it hits the bottom of the jar.

The first time I used GV I was super careful to let my nipples dry before I
put on my clean t-shirt to sleep in so I wouldn''t stain it.   But I was
still in the newborn, heavily-leaking period; and when I woke up in the
morning my tshirt had wide lavendar bull's-eyes over each breast!   (lets
just say I altered my usual habit of answering the door in my sleep-shirt all
morning :)  )

Elisheva