From:
Anne Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 22:54:39 EST
     I was shocked to find the following on WEBMD, but realized many of you
have discussed this in the past via archives, in a huff I darted this note
off and received a quick response.  I think a deluge of
e-mails might make a difference-just a  minute of your time might help.
Thanks.

 I cannot tell you how disheartened I was to visit your site and the first
thing I saw was a banner for Formula.  This is against the World Health
Organization Code and I honestly feel you as the marketers have a moral
responsibilty not to advertise breastmilk substitutes.  I briefly read the
HonCode. I understand this is designed for autors, however you must believe
you have some accountability.  Number four and five discussed attribution and
justifiability and number Eight Honesty in Advertising and editorial policy.
I may be mistaken, but I believe you are breaking the law since your site is
accessible to many countries.  I think best you re-evaluate your marketing
strategy and find your monies elsewhere.
  Your immediate attendance to this issue would be appreciated.
                      Sincerely,
                 Anne Williams
Response:
Dear WebMD User,

Thank you for taking the time to write to WebMD Health. Your suggestion on
how we can improve our service really is important to us, and we apologize
for any difficulties you may have encountered. WebMD Health strives to
provide the best in terms of reliability, ease of use, and features, and our
members' feedback helps us do that. Your comments will be reviewed and taken
into careful consideration by our staff.

Again, thank you for your thoughts; please let us know if you have further
questions or comments. We hope you will continue to make WebMD your e-health
destination.
Yours in health,

WebMD Health Member Support