From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 1996 11:02:05 -0500
Dany,

Note that in Briggs it says that "...the manufacturer considers the drug
incompatible with bf."  They also note that the levels are not thought to be
sufficiently high after therapeutic doses to affect the infant.  This is
interesting because most manufacturers consider their drugs incompatible with
bf regardless of the drug ("...make a decision regarding bf or taking the
drug, taking into account the importance of the drug to the mother..." PDR on
everything).  Briggs doesn't usually quote the manufacturer, so I wonder
what's up.  Our dear friend Dr. Tom says in his book that only slight
drowsiness in the infant would be a side effect.

Personally (professionally), I've seen a lot of moms on Benadryl that were
nursing, and the babies did just fine, thank you very much....

Jan B.