From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 11:05:21 -0500
Barbara wrote, in reference to a mom who needed to wean early:

<< "You have not failed.  The health care system failed you
 by failing to provide you with enough support to succeed." >>

This is how I always felt with moms who really wanted to have their babies
without medication, and ended up with an epidural.  She didn't fail -- we,
the medical system failed her in failing to provide her with enough support.

We, the medical system fails women more often than I would like to think.

Barbara, thank you for your universal apology.  I think we all need to tuck
it back in our brains, and use it when appropriate.

Jan Barger