Date:
Sun, 16 May 1999 09:17:23 EDT
Kathy D. and others,

Yes, I suppose that humans do some things by instinct, but for class purposes
the learned behavior part works really well.  Wasn't there a story a few
years ago about a b/f mom being brought to a zoo to show a gorilla how to
nurse her baby?

I usually have some guy in the back of the room stating that no one had to
teach him how to get that baby in there.  I tell him that he is not entirely
correct.....if he hadn't read all that "literature" that gets passed around
in Jr. High School, and talked with his friends in the locker room, he'd have
had no idea!  (for me it was pg 27 of The Godfather  in the ninth grade).

Margie