From:
"Helen M. Woodman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 18:28:53 EDT
Friends,

I had a telephone call today from a mum I counselled months and months ago.
She lives about 10 miles from me.  She was ringing me from Spain ! !   Baby
has gone on strike (again), now 11 months old.  They have been driving through
Spain for the past 3 days, v hot weather.  Baby normally has about 4 feeds in
24 hours, drinks well from a beaker and takes solids.  We went over old ground
again and I hope that things will work out as they did last time this
happened.  Baby had plenty of bottled water yesterday and fruit.  Babe not
pooing as much as usual and is slightly constipated so we discussed keeping
him well hydrated.  Baby shows no sign of illness but mum so worried about
losing her milk and does not have her trusty hand pump with her.  We talked
about hand expression.  So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her and that
baby not sickening for something.

After she rang off I wondered whether she took my telephone number with her or
used directory enquiries or how she remembered my surname!  The telephone line
was clear, just as if a near neighbour was ringing me. I have had other fairly
far flung calls from mothers but this is the furthest.

Helen, Storrington (large village,) West Sussex (County)
PS just loved the jumbled up geography in the UK part of the ILCA Directory. I
am listed as living in Storrington We.