Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 10:17:37 EDT
Karen,

I have delt with this in 2 of my 5 children.  If the mom is nursing say on
the left side then she can try moving the child a bit (just like an inch or
so) toward moms right side.  This move will put the child's chin more toward
the breast and raise the top teeth off of the nipple so she isn't putting
pressure on the nipple.  It takes a bit of adjustment as these
babies/toddlers/ children grow and breastfeed.  Their bodies don't fit quite
as snuggly on the lap. :)

<< Now she is noticing that when the infant comes off breast there are teeth
 indentations about 1/8 inch up from the nipple. This infant is NOT bitting,
 but leaves these marks.

 Mom is wondering if this is causing some of the breast pain ie. infant doing
 some "hanging on" with gums etc. >>

Belinda Bohnert
Nursing Matters, Breastpump Sales & Rental, Indianapolis Indiana