Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 2009 00:08:57 -0800
<<

I was doing some research for a talk I am giving to NICU staff and I
stumbled across this amazing website, <www.neonatology.org> that is full of
old (a few from the 1600s, more from the 19th century and a lot from the
early 20th century) medical texts and articles about infants, prematurity,
and infant feeding.>>

Thanks for sharing this site, Nikki, I love that kind of stuff, too.  I just
scratched the surface but will go back and dig deeper.  I can't believe the
old incubators, they operated on gas up until the 1940s, I believe.  I'm
thinking of the Dionne quintuplets being sent a gas-fired incubator by a
pediatrician in Pittsburgh (??)  I made a blog post of the 1909 one that
shows the baby looking like it's in an old fashioned cabinet.
http://www.glorialemay.com/blog/?p=228

I'm sure I'll use it a lot more.

Gloria Lemay, Vancouver BC Canada