From:
lisa mooney RN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 21:33:13 EDT
As far as Naval Medical Center San Diego receiving Baby Friendly Recognition
I am ashamed to say I do not know the official answer on that because I was
out of the admin loop for awhile while working on the GYN Surgical Ward,
However, I will say I do not think we are to that point. We have implemented
almost all of the requirements x we still have free formula and nipples and
diaper bags from formula companies. The proposal for LC's includes the cost
of doing away with these items. I think it would greatly improve the giving
of ABM by many nurses who just don't get that breast is best . We also have
the challenge of working in an environment where staff turnover is constant
and we have to retrain frequently. Lisa Mooney