From:
Monique Schaefers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 18:37:38 -0700
Wendi Jones wrote:

> Maureen,
>
> I have seen this commercial and unfortunately the way I took it was not in
> the most positive light.  I took it as a representing a woman being smarter
> in sports than the man had expected considering she was nursing.  I think
> she was supposed to be just this object doing "woman's work" and the man was
> surprised that she had more going on than that.(SNIP)

I didn't see it that way at all.  I saw it as very positive.

The woman was sharply dressed (as if for work), had a brief case at her
side, appeared to be on a commuter train (envision Long Island, NY to
Manhattan) and was obviously but discreetly (no nursing clothing - a
button down shirt/suit jacket and skirt) an older baby.  She frankly
looked like *superwoman* - nursing mommy with a high end job and *with
it* regarding sports trivia.

I saw the man as being more confused/amazed at the *trivia* of the
sports trivia question than at her nursing an older baby on a commuter
train.  I saw the *question* as being out of the ordinary NOT the
nursing.

Oh well ... different perspectives from different people.  :-)  I LOVED
that commercial!!

--
Monique