From:
Cathy Urroz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2011 14:46:30 -0400
Hello, I´m a 27 year LLLeader and 23 as IBCLC.  I too am worried and concerned and disillusioned of the issues that many of you wise ones have pointed out regarding this (and the 2012 requirements to sit the exam).  I´m wondering if it would be pertinent to have one letter signed by all of us who would like to make a point to IBLCE that we do not agree and stand up together to pressure them to correct this.  I´m a member of AVAAZ and they have campaings whereby one can sign a petition letter to send to, for example, the president of some country that is violating human rights for a group or person to get them to stop, and this has had good results, etc.  I don´t have very good writing skills, and although I will answer the survey sent to me by IBLCE with the info that has been graciously shared on this list (love you all!!!), so it would be great if someone wrote a letter that whoever wants to can sign if you deem it appropriate.  It´s bad enough to see many health professionals sell out to companies and laboratories in detriment of human beings health  and wellbeing, to have our own crediting organization  slack off on this so important issue.  Thank you so much for this group, I have learned so much, not only as a LLLeader and IBCLC, but in regards to what a decent human being with integrity looks like to emulate as best as possible myself!!!  Love, laughter (gotta laugh, to lighten up about this, otherwise it just hurts and worries too much) and blessings to you all, Cathy Urroz, Guadalajara, Jalisco, México.