From:
Melissa V Kirsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 May 1997 07:29:20 PST
I wanted to add that a mother was also asked to leave a WalMart in Minot,
ND. Her post was sent to parent-l, (summer of 95 or 96) and a letter
writing campaign ensued.  As to the McDonald's incident in NJ, yes the
restaurant was located in a WalMart, but WalMart leases the space. The
WalMart people were very helpful to the couple who was asked to leave,
so I don't think WalMart should be criticized for that (I've spoken to
the mom and her attorney and that was their wishes).

I do agree, however, that WalMart needs a national policy.  I've heard of
incidents elsewhere. Remember though, in many places they have provided
finanical support to LLL groups, or permitted them to do fundraising on
premises.

What is needed is an actual corporate address (not the e-mail one b/c
that woman writes very lame letters about how they want all their
customers to be happy) with the CEO's name etc. (Is that Sam Walton?).
Someone needs to know that these are not isolated incidents, plus the
benefits of BF, etc. etc., and it needs to be a person in charge, not
the consumer representative person.

Melissa Kirsch, J.D., LLLL