From:
Iona Macnab <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 12:06:40 +0900
Lara wrote:
> Others have probably told you about the tinctures. How about tea? I
> just drink a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds steeped in a pot. With a tiny
> bit of sweetener (I use half a teaspoon of golden syrup) it is quite
> delicious. It can be cooled and drunk as iced tea in the summer.

When I saw Golden syrup mentioned here, I had a chuckle. Another Lactnet
linguistic challenge! Being an Aussie trying to cook Anzacs (cookies) in
Tokyo, I discovered how the rest of the world (except the UK) have pretty
much never heard of Golden syrup...it's inverted sugar syrup, very thick...
honey might serve just as well.

Laughing after the iceblock/popsicle thing, and trying to preempt the list
going off into a What's Golden syrup? discussion

Iona Macnab IBCLC
Tokyo Japan