From:
Segev Levy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 1995 20:42:58 +0300
Bravo to Katherine Dettwyler for giving us such a complete
summary on this subject. The few Israelis who have asked my
opinion on this subject had been told either by their doctor or
nurse to wean immediately. If they "put the question" to me in
such a way as to really be asking whether it is possible to
continue nursing, I tell them yes, but to pay extra attention to
dietary needs and more rest. Former Americans here just go ahead.
My impression is that women are told to wean immediately; what
they actually DO varies. I don't believe that there are "cultural
taboos", but Yaffa Stark may be more knowledgeable than I. Judy
Knopf, from sweltering Beer Sheva, Israel