Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2010 14:33:21 EST
Heather asked:

MRI correction

Contrasting agent will be used,  obviously not my area of expertise.

Ask the mother to find out exactly what is going to be used for the
contrast agent.  Then look it up in Hale.  Typically they use a  gadolinium or
iodinated contrast dye -- those have been cleared by the American  College of
Radiology and they have stated there is no reason for moms to pump  and dump
after receiving these dyes.  They can simply breastfeed.  I  don't know
where this two week business comes from....

Jan Barger, RN, MA, IBCLC, FILCA
_www.lactationeducationconsultants.com_
(http://www.lactationeducationconsultants.com)