From:
Nina Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2009 11:33:32 +1100
Hi Beth
Julie has given you the contact details for the local ABA group where your
friend's DIL will be able to access both skilled help and referral if
necessary.
Also, I am not so very far from Manly. It is about an hour or so by car from
here (it is not unusual for Aussies to drive such distances) and I visit my
friends there a couple of times a month.  I would be more than happy to
email or talk with this mother.  She would do well to get along to the group
meetings where she will make some new friends.  ABA meetings are not as
structured as LLLI.  They cover a variety of breastfeeding and general
parenting topics and very often the topic is abandoned in favour of some
more informal chit chat that is richly seasoned with teachable moments.
Mothers with bubs of all ages (including those whose babies are at school!)
are welcome at every meeting.
Cheers
Nina Berry
0438 819 989 (cell)