From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 23:47:37 -0400
I think the main reason we see so many problems in beginning and continuing
to BF is because it isn't our cultural norm.  My 2 daughters, surrounded by
BF in their growing and teen years, seemed to BF with little problem.  I
watch the Mexican moms transplanted to my area (east coast -sea shore) they
do just great.  I see moms who have had little exposure to babies and no
exposure to BF and they Struggle!   Over the years I've observed that moms
who come to a few LLL meetings have little problem beginning to BF.  1
meeting - at least they know who to call :-)  I don't think there is any
universal answer.  Sincerely, Pat in SNJ