Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 16:13:55 -0800
>Pocketing of food is very common in kids with DS.

This is off-topic, and I wasn't going to ask here, but since it's
come up...

My question is how common is it in kids w/o DS?  I know a
14-month-old who shovels food in, then when offered something new,
just spits out what he's been storing in his mouth in favour of the
new offering.  He nurses around 15 times a day and is huge for his
age (34 lbs) so he's obviously surviving quite well on mostly
breastmilk.  His mum is worried about his rejection of solids though
(she half-jokingly refers to her 'bulimic baby').  He's past the
spoon feeding stage, so any suggestions would be helpful.

Jennifer Landels, BA, CE
Vancouver BC