From:
gonneke van veldhuizen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2011 08:30:09 -0700
The one most important factor in milk production is amount of milk removed and # of stimuli of the breast, not type of pump or suction strength.  Not even the best of pumps can maintain a milk supply if a mother s not able to pump frequently and in safe and comfortable conditions.
Milk removal is all about milk ejection reflex. Whichever method a mom can use to make frequent milk ejection reflexes will be be the best method *for her* to pump or extract and maintain her supply.

Warmly,

Gonneke IBCLC in PP, LC lecturer in southern Netherlands

 Twitter @eurolacpuntnet