Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 23:14:22 EDT
In a message dated 7/5/1999 11:54:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 For a view of what the technological style of birthing is all about, check
out
 the articles on the website of Robbie Davis-Floyd, childbirth anthropologist:

 www.davis-floyd.com

What a wonderful article and a cool web site to visit.   From looking at my
very technocratic birth situations --  The whole time I was reading her
article --I keep thinking how much lithotomy (flat on ones' back birth
position) sounds like lobotomy (another interesting subject to look into --
about the abuse of power over women's biologic functions and attitudes).

I just want to scream everytime I go to a mom's home to help with a
PREVENTABLE breastfeeding problem this mom wanted a "natural" birth and
normal breastfeeding relationship and the technology of birth ran over her
and what occurred was anything but natural or normal.

off my soap box

Anne Norton-Krawciw, RPh, IBCLC
Lactation Consultant/Pharmacist/Wifey/MOM
thank goodness not always in that order

Hope all of you in the USA had a wonderful holiday weekend and My dear
neighbors to the North in Canada as well for their July 1st holiday.