From:
A Gentle Start <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:59:23 -0400

I was grocery shopping tonight at my local ACME (Albertsons owned grocery
store) and I saw that they had an AVENT breastpump on clearance for $15.00.
I love the AVENT pump, so I picked it up, thinking that I could give it to a
pregnant friend, or have on hand for an emergency pump should someone need
it.  So, I checked out, pleased with my bargain.  Sure enough it rang up at
$15.00! My excitement turned to frustration as I realized all that is wrong
in the world.  Along with my receipt printed out an ACME Coupon... Save
$4.50 on any size or variety powder of Enfamil Lipil Infant Formula.  IT's a
huge coupon, exclaiming how it's "NOW... Even more like breast milk!"  Then
it goes on to actually graph DHA and Choline comparing formula to breast
milk.  I immediately begain sputtering! The poor check-out boy (a teenager
of course) had to listen to me sputter and rant about how terrible this was!
I don't think he "got it" but maybe he'll remember that crazy breastfeeding
lady when he has kids!

Angela
A VERY annoyed, new IBCLC in Chester County Pennsylvania