From:
"Stearns, Crystal" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 2005 09:21:15 -0500
Hi,

I am so pleased that so many of you are willing to help out the LCs and LLLs
who have lost so much.  I have been in contact with several companies who
sell breastfeeding books and they will be giving a discount to those buying
a book for a LC or LLL in the affected area.  I will keep you posted as the
project unfolds and the details on how to buy and where to send them.  Those
of you already having books that you are wanting to give contact me and I
will e-mail with the details on where to send those books.

If you have others that might be willing to help please forward this email
on to them and ask them to contact me.

Again thank you and know this will be an ongoing process as the events of
this disaster and recovery continue.

Crystal Stearns RNC, MS, IBCLC

Mercy Memorial Health Center

Ardmore, OK 73401

Hi all,

We as a group need to be thinking about how we can help out our LC and LLL
that have been affected by Hurricane Katrina.  Most of these LCs and LLL
will have lost everything and that means all their references books on
breastfeeding.  I for one would like to help out this group with replacing
these books.  I know most of you are thinking Crystal has lost her mind,
(maybe I have).  They don't need books they need water, food and shelter.
Having been a Red Cross Disaster Nurse since 1978 and having worked many
National Disaster myself I know that in the end it's the small thing that
count.  A book might not seem like a lot at this point, but if I lost all my
breastfeeding books I would feel a great loss, probability not now but
later.

So here is what I'm asking.  If you know of a LC or LLL that is in the
affected area and you have an address or contact for that person please
forward it to me.  Those of you who would like to join this project you can
e-mail be at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>