From:
Todd Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 14:30:07 -0700
I am a registered nurse and breastfeeding counsellor working with post
partum women
and their babies.

This last week we had a swab for C&S taken from her nipples (bilateral) due
to persistant sore nipples. The cultures both grew +4 strep B.  Mother was
positive for strep B during her pregnancy and treated in labour.  Doctor
has prescribed systemic antibiotics for mother.  Both mom and baby are
asymptomatic except for the persistant sore nipples.  She has been pumping
and bottling baby.  Would appreciate some feedback re strep B.  The baby is
2 weeks now.  Just puzzled about strep B growth on nipple swabs and am
unable to find info.

Susan Todd R.N.
Campbell River, B.C.