From:
Sarah Emery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:53:51 -0500
For those of you interested in alternatives to the milk storage bags (which
are horribly leaky and the fat sticks to the sides!) or ABM containers, we
at the Mothers' Milk Bank at Austin have recently found a great milk storage
container that is used by the dairy industry for storage of samples used for
laboratory testing.  The containers we order for our donor mothers are 4
ounces, are sterile, and are FDA approved food-grade polypropylene plastic.
They also have 2 oz., 3oz., and 8 oz. etc.  They have a flip top that can be
opened with one hand (one downside is that they don't actually screw onto
the pumps) and they can also be ordered for no extra charge with an
additional "snap" that ensures the cap has been shut tightly.   I shook one
filled with milk upside down and not a drop leaked out.  They also do well
frozen in a deep freeze.  They come in a rainbow of colors, though we just
order the clear ones.  I am really excited about them; they are only 12
cents each!  The website is:  www.capitolvial.com  or the phone # is:
800-772-8871.   I have no affiliation or financial interest in the company.
Sarah Emery, M.Ed., IBCLC
Program Coordinator
Mothers' Milk Bank at Austin
(512) 494-0800