From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 09:01:03 -0500
Norma,

I guess those two can be juxtaposed together, can't they?  At any rate,
Norma, I liked your reference to lightheaded novels -- even though it was a
Freudian slip.  Afterall, I think we all need some lightheadedness to get us
through the day, and frankly, those are the best types to read....

Taking bottles:

I think babies get bottle aversion because many parents make the mistake of
trying to force the baby to take the bottle and fight with him/her to do so,
rather than backing off, and trying again another day.  Parents, of course,
are always relieved to know there is more than one way to feed their baby,
and that no, the baby won't starve, and no, they don't have to fight with the
baby, and no, they don't have to be "tied down" for 10 months or whatever.
 Cup feeding will almost always work.... I remind moms that in the 40's, if a
mother didn't have her baby on a cup by 2 months she was considered lazy &
unfit (or potty trained by 6 months, but that's another story).

Jan B (who was both on a cup at 2 months & potty trained at 6 months..... and
who is longing for the 8 extra IQ points she didn't get which would probably
have helped mitigate the effects of the ether and forceps delivery.....)