Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2013 12:26:26 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (34 lines)
Dear Kerry, 

First, Lansinoh is considered a Code violator. Not only are they owned by Pigeon, a blatant violator, but they also bought a company, Momma, that produces and advertises feeding systems (bottles and teats together.) 

Second, LLLI would not sell any addresses to Lansinoh. (see above) 

Third, if you are pursuing Baby Friendly in your hospital, you should not hand out any of these materials. Our hospital has a "Letter of Intent" for Baby Friendly and we give out nothing from any manufacturer. The pharmacy provides Lansinoh cream, which seems to be OK since it is dispensed from the med cart. 

Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 13:34:55 -0400 
From: "Kerry N Zenich, RN, BC Peds, IBCLC" <[log in to unmask]> 
Subject: Lansinoh 

First I will apologize as I have not been giving any input in the last several months. I just searched the archives but found nothing addressing my issue. Today I received a box delivered via Fed Ex from Lansinoh!! Has the name of the hospital I work for on it as well as mine AND my credentials! Strange! I would not think ILCA or the IBCLC would share that. My last thought was LaLeche which at one time I was involved in. 
Anyway, the contents of the box are interesting. First the large item; an Affinity Pro Double Electric Breast Pump!! Also a 'slow flow' Lansinoh Momma Natural Wave Bottle, a package of 3-in-1 Therapearl Breast therapy, two packages of Lansinoh Disposable TheraPearl Sleeves...lots of information and a packet of fliers and coupons! HUH?? 
I am confused! Did all IBCLCs get this package!? They are asking for me to sample these products and give them a review. They state that by providing feedback you will be entered to win several different items they list!! 
First, the only product I am familiar with of theirs Lansinoh Lanolin. 
Okay lactation buddies....what do you say about this!!?? Our hospital is in the second phase step of Baby Friendly, so I cannot endorse a product by handing things out. The pump would be nice to give to someone in need that cannot afford one, no insurance, ect, or maybe a WIC patient who does not qualify for a WIC pump. Those of you that also received this 'gift', tell me what you are going to do with it!!! Many thanks...Kerry 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2