From:
Eutie Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 22:28:36 -0500
Hi everyone,
I am so thrilled to report to you this evening , my experience driving home.
My car radio was tuned to KTSA (San Antonio) and lo and behold, there was a
talk in progress related to the recent Redbook publication and people were
calling in their opinions on the now famous front page picture vs non
-breastfeeding front page. It wasreally wonderful to hear so many people
calling in supporting breastfeeding. There were several mothers as well. The
host, Brad, invited men to call in and give their opinions on breastfeeding
in public. The response was very little. Brad leftit at the challenge that
because many men did not respond they were comfortable with, and supported
breastfeeding in public.
     A  doctor also called in support and give several reasons why mothers
should breastfeed.This was perhaps at least an hour long program!
         Brad gave a great endorsement to Lactation Associates in Dallas. He
even named the LC.
         One man called in and said his wife was an LC.He too was very
knowledgeable: his wife should be proud of him.
          Back to Brad. He was wonderful . He gave his support and he also
stated that if there were people who are offended by breastfeeding in public
"they should get over
it "    I was very impressed. Perhaps others heard this too?
Eutie Burnett.