From:
MARY TERHAAR <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 1996 10:01:52 EDT
I have found a few practical strategies to helping my babies to be
well received at conferences.

I pack a big blanket and some soft & quiet toys.  I find a corner
near the exit....in the back of the room and set up camp.  Usually another
 breastfeeding mom and sometimes several will join us. Bottle feeding
moms join in too. I wear big skirts or something I can
crawl in and then get small with baby.  I find I am able to
concentrate and the baby can have some quiet fun.  I can console and
quiet quickly if I don't let baby get too far into a fuss.  Never
have these little support groups interrupted a meeting.

When there is no space in the back of the room, I set up outside the
door and prop it open.  Sometimes daddy can come and help and
sometimes he cant.  Sometimes I bring a sitter and sometimes I don't.

I think allowing a bit of space at the back of the room near the exit
might be a baby friendly thing to do. Certainly, requesting moms to give
 chatty or fussy babies a break outside the conference is appropriate
as well in my book.

getting prepared for taking the third to more meetings.

Mary
room when necessary works quite well.