From:
Anne Keller-Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 20:05:42 +0100
Guess I have been going to a non-BF friendly pediatrician
too long. Last visit he suggested to limit night feedings.
This visit he declared that after the baby has teeth, to
stop night nursing altogether because of dental caries.

My question: is there any evidence/studies whatsoever that
breastmilk causes caries? Is there any evidence/studies
that it does not? I know there is much discussion in
pro-breastfeeding circles. I am wondering about
conclusive scientific facts, as opposed to anecdotal
evidence.

I seem to remember that breastmilk has decay-retardation
properties. Is there any support for this thought?

My mother's intuition tells me, of course, that breastfeeding
on demand is just that, and to nurse my baby whenever and
for however long he wishes it.

I promise you to find a new pedi *pronto.*]

TIA,

Anne, Howie and Sammy
20 weeks-almost 20 lbs
mailto:[log in to unmask]