From:
Janice Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2006 21:20:07 -0600
A Media Kit was prepared by us (the organizers), and all local site
organizers were instructed to print out enough Kits to provide one to every
media person that attended the Nurse-In.  Basically we did all their
homework for them.   So the reporters had easy access to the correct
statement.

We also included this AAP statement:

AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS (AAP) STATEMENT:

Pediatricians and parents should be aware that exclusive breastfeeding is
sufficient to support optimal growth and development for approximately the
first 6 months of life and provides continuing protection against diarrhea
and respiratory tract infection.30,34,128,178-184 Breastfeeding should be
continued for at least the first year of life and beyond for as long as
mutually desired by mother and child.185
 PEDIATRICS Vol. 115 No. 2 February 2005, pp. 496-506

To see the Media Kit in its entirety, go to:
http://www.mothering.com/sections/news_bulletins/emily-gillette.html#reports
Skim down to mid-page, in the Nov 20 entry there is a link to the Media Kit.

Janice Reynolds
(co-organizer of the Nation-wide Nurse-In)