From:
judy knopf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 14:37:19 +0300
Is anyone else planning to respond to this commentary by E. Frank
"Breastfeeding and maternal employment: two rights don't make a wrong",
Lancet, vol. 352, #9134, October 3, 1998, pp. 1083-84?

I was quite disturbed by the innuendo, anecdotal rather than referenced
details and negative words such as "resentment" and "endure", and the
phrase "reclaim their bodies" drives me completely around the bend when
used with breastfeeding.

And would a "professional" out there please comment to Lancet as to
alleged loss of "professional stature" when breastfeeding her baby......

All in all, a dangerous article that needs strong responses.

Best regards to all,
Judy Knopf in Beer Sheva, Israel