From:
Catherine Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2008 04:49:32 -0400
Cath and Robyn would like to thank Debbie,Laurie,Ann, Jan and Rachel for
your candid thoughts on and off the list. Rachel, in particular-your
description has made my heart race and belly churn. That is really scary.
Our initial reaction to mum's thought was to preserve her energy and not to
try to continue with the expressing and then there is the thought that if
this is all that she is able to do for her baby then she should go for it,
on the off chance that she will feel better later and can resume her
breastfeeding relationship - if that is what she would like to do.
The mother went home today and has decided to keep expressing until such
time as she feels that she is no longer able to continue. She is extremely
optimistic that this treatment is going to work. She knows how to contact
Robyn whenever necessary but has, for the time being, gone back home to
Brisbane [about 100 km from here]. She will return to this area when the
next phase begins as her mother is here and can manage the baby. This is
very sad. Thank you for your help - it is nice to know how so many people
care for others. Cath Williams for Robyn. [one day I may be able to figure
out  how to get rid of the == 20 in the emails..]