From:
"Henry, Felicia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:32:26 -0700
Reading these posts about how we should be educating the younger generation
about breastfeeding reminds of what my son tells me every so often.  My
oldest is 16 and has been to countless LLL meetings, home visits with moms
being conducted in his bedroom (only clean, private area at the time) and
watching his younger siblings nurse into toddlerhood (and the last two
tandem).  His complaint is that when other kids at school are making
comments and/or jokes about breasts his only thought is "what's the big
deal, you stick a baby on them", so therefore I have ruined him!  His mind
only sees breasts as what you use to nurish babies and children - not
necessarily as sexual objects.  He has had a few interesting conversations
with other kids and sometimes teachers about what his mom does.

Felicia Henry
Oxnard, CA
CBE & sitting the exam - hopefully - this July