From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:31:12 +1100
Hi Ellen,
What you say is what infant formula manufacturers contend, that their
advertising is not in competition with breastfeeding but with other infant
formulas. However, a look at their advertising makes it clear that the
competitor is breastfeeding because everything is compared to breastfeeding.
It is the same with bottles, they all contend to be closest to
breastfeeding, breastfeeding is the competitor.
Karleen Gribble
Australia