Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:55:05 -0400
Just a guess, but isn't this probably azithromycin?  Seems like it's a case
of a missing "h" in the name of your med.  Azithromycin (aka Zithromax) has
not been reviewed by the AAP, but Hale lists it (in the 2000 edition) as
being an L2 "safer").  Oral bioavailability is 37%, level predicted to be
ingested by a breastfeeding infant "is not clinically significant".  Page
63.  Hopefully that's it?

And we'll just forget about that viral-illness comment.  I've had my fill of
infuriating dr. stuff already today lol......
Regina Roig Lane, BS IBCLC for Miami-Dade County WIC