From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2013 20:23:06 -0400
Liz comments:

<<Please consider submitting an application. Being
one of  16-ish IBLCE Board members, protecting the interests of 26,000+
certificants  worldwide, gives you considerable tangible power in shaping
the direction of  the IBCLC profession.  Please seriously consider  this.>>

Let me add my 3  cents worth -- and that is that I LOVED being on the IBLCE
Board -- now I  realize I am old, and that was "back in the day", but oh,
it was great  fun!  Rubbing shoulders with the real "names" of breastfeeding,
sharing  ideas, shaping policy -- oh. my. goodness.  If you have any
inclination at  all, please please do consider submitting your application....you
will never  regret serving on the IBLCE board (and in interest of fairness,
the ILCA board  or the USLCA boards as well.  Any of those three are
unparalleled  activities in our profession, and not to be missed if at all
possible.

Jan Barger, -- ILCA  Past Prezzie, 1990-1992
    IBLCE Board member, 1992-1994
    IBLCE Exam Committee -- 1998

-- Hey -- told you  that was all "back in the day." --