From:
Kathy Parkes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 08:46:38 EST
In a message dated 1/20/00 4:02:26 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 I can't wait for wal-mart to tell me to leave or go to
 dressing room for nursing my child. In Texas they
 can't do that. I would take them to court just for
 wal-mart to get the publicty about their breastfeeding
 unfriendliness.

 rose >>

Sorry to say, Rose, but the wonderful Texas legislation certainly hasn't
stopped stores/businesses from trying.  Two examples...we have a rather large
chain gym that kicks their breastfeeding moms out of the nursery and into the
bathroon for "THAT", and a VERY large phone company that refuses to allow its
employees to pump on their breaks.  We're working, gently and kindly, to
change that.  Ugh!

Kathy Parkes, RN, IBCLC
The Lactation Connection (TLC)
www.tlc4moms.com